Thursday, January 1, 2009

The first day of the new year and new diet

I say diet but that is really not what it is, it is avoidance and I have to say day one of strictly avoiding wheat, corn, dairy and eggs went remarkably well. The only slip up we had was with chocolate from Santa, I forgot the milk chocolate would contain milk, duh......... But he seemed to be in good spirits about the whole thing.

I found another blog today, okay a allergy mom referred us all to it. This woman dedicated 2008 to her crock pot. She used it everyday the entire year. And all her recipes are gluten free. Probably not egg/corn and dairy free too, but it will be a place to start. I think I will try to use mine at least once a week.

My Easy Bake oven afternoon was fun. I made cheese sticks and more fudge. I think tomorrow it will be pizza, I secretly am LOVING this. Dave and Tami laughed because I looked so proud carrying my PB fudge from the Easy Bake to the refrigerator. They thought it was sooooo cute. I did have a pretty big smile on my face.

But this first day of the year was great, Hannah made us laugh, I played a seven song gig on RB2 and Matthew did not turn his nose up to "experimental pancakes" this morning. It is so nice to have Dave home, I secretly hope he can find a job that allows him to be home more. Maybe even work from home a day or so every once in a while....

Tomorrow it is off to the gym, and then the church Holiday Party, I am so looking forward to the Ligons spiced wine......it is not Christmas without many glasses of it at the party.

I think tomorrow I will try the Easy Bake pizza, then maybe some Matthew friendly pizza then off to the party.

Till then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment