Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting caught up

So I have neglected this thing called a blog for a couple weeks, things have just been crazy here. I have not felt well, school starting up again, Dave's job hunt, this new diet Matthew is on. We went to Pacific Beach last weekend.

School seems to be going well for Matthew, he is not getting in trouble for ridiculous things all the time. He has been struggling with a kid at the bus stop, but that even seems better. We still struggle with him actually following through on his classwork. That is something I can work with him on, the constant conduct referrals for just being an 11y/o boy seem to be in the past.

I seem to be fighting my second sinus infection since the big snow storm in December, I have had little to no energy and am tired all the time.

Dave is struggling with finding work, this economy is making it very difficult for those seeking employment. Apparently Washington is almost at the national average for unemployment at 7.1%. I hope he gets a bite soon, or I may begin to freak out.

Matthew seems to be doing well on the new food restrictions, we have not had too many nights of dinner time troubles. He is getting tired of the same old same old, I am trying to come up with new and creative ways to feed him, keeping away from wheat, corn, egg and dairy. Hopefully in the next month or so we can decrease some of his medications. We have been able to take him off of two of his meds as of right now. Which I am super excited about.

Now to the ocean trip, I was fantastic. We had Spring like weather. I think it was 64 degrees on Saturday when we were on the beach. I am ready for Spring. I am done being cold all the time. Matthew and Hannah also had a great time, I let Hannah just explore and did not worry about how messy it would be to clean up and I thin she had a blast. Dave and I watched the sunset on Sunday night which was wonderful to have some time just the two of us. We came home Monday and on the drive home we saw snow. It was a little bizarre.

So I am going to make a sincere effort to try and keep up on this blog a little more frequently. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment