Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve Party

We had a fantastic New Years party. We all watched the ball drop at 9:00 in New York, then I was in bed and asleep by 11:30, I tried to watch the Space Needle fireworks, but was too tired. We got up this morning and had experimental pancakes. Today is the first day of No wheat, rice, and eggs.......in the strictest of ways. We will still also avoid corn. But back to the pancakes, the were an oat and rice flour combo that turned out edible for the first go around. My nieces who spent the night also enjoyed them. The texture was a little off, but everyone ate them.....I think I will try and add nutmeg or cinnamon. Then they may just be fantastic. I think when I am done playing Easy Bake oven today I will attempt some bread for Matthew, I have till Tuesday to be able to pack him a lunch for school.

Laura brought her Easy Bake oven over and we made peanut butter fudge, it was delicious. She even left it here so I can try some other recipes in it. I am secretly super excited. I always wanted one of those as a kid, and mom always said we could just do it in the regular oven. There is something about cooking by light bulb that is soooo cool.

Off to BFC with the Easy Bake.......

No comments:

Post a Comment